MonaServer starts with the idea that protocols essentially serve the same aims :
- pull data (request + response),
- push data (server -> client or client -> server),
- read/write file (VOD and RECORDING),
- AND communication channel between clients (P2P or publish/play live).
And with this objective we are proud to give you a generic alternative to existing communication servers with :
- The powerful LuaJIT compiler combined in a useful lua API to write server applications,
- NoSQL database management system,
- RTMFP Protocol, which provide P2P channels, UDP reliable and non-reliable communication and many other great features,
- And all of this developed keeping in mind the 5 following notions: speed, light weight, cross-platform, scalable and elegant C++11 code.
Mona currently supports the following protocols:
- RTMFP, RTMP, RTMPE,
- HTTP (with JSON-RPC and XML-RPC), Websocket.
The following scheme is a little preview of what is possible with MonaServer :
You want to see what MonaServer can do for you? Let’s go to the sample page :